Now Hiring: Staff Accountant, CPA
Fordham & Co LLP is currently seeking an experienced * Staff Accountant *to join our team in Hillsboro, OR. For over 60 years, Fordham has provided tax and other accounting services to businesses and individuals in the Greater Portland area. We excel at building long-term relationships with our clients in a wide variety of situations and industries. As a Member of BKR International, we are part of an experienced professional community focused on bringing the latest innovations, technical knowledge, and networking to meet the ever-changing needs of our industry and clients.
Many of our employees have built life-long careers here at Fordham, and we pride ourselves on being flexible, family-friendly, and part of our community.
As a Staff Accountant you will prepare corporate, individual, partnership, and fiduciary tax returns, research complex tax and accounting matters, consult with clients, and assist with the performance of financial statement audits, reviews, and other assurance-related projects.
Individuals who thrive at Fordham and Co exhibit the following strengths: Analytical, organized, multi-tasker, goal oriented, deadline driven, seeks continued growth, interpersonal skills, is a good communicator and have strong technical skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare tax returns, including supporting work documentation for various type of returns; individual, corporations, estates, trust, etc.
- Prepare extensions and quarterly estimates.
- Research tax laws, rules and regulations, analyze their application and outline possible solutions.
- Collaboratively work with all levels of staff on multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities.
- Effectively leverage available technology and other resources to maximize technical application to projects.
- Demonstrate creative thinking and individual imitative.
- Have an innate curiosity about ever-evolving tax laws, and their application to businesses and individuals.
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned.
Our ideal candidate is/has:
- CPA license; will consider a CPA candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required.
- 1 to 5 years of recent tax or audit experience, with a public accounting firm preferred.
- Strong analytical, technical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities, including writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team.
- Experience handling multiple engagements and effectively delegating work.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Highly motivated and takes initiative for personal and professional growth and development.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact and diplomacy while taking guidance and direction.
- Familiarity with Thompson Reuters software suite.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Professional, reliable, and friendly demeanor, with a desire to grow in career.
We believe hard work deserves to be rewarded; employees at Fordham & Co enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive health insurance package with a local provider
- Substantial Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- Friendly business-casual work atmosphere
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- 401(k) profit sharing plan
- Firm-supported continuing professional education opportunities
- Free parking
- Paid professional accounting memberships and licenses
Work Remotely: Hybrid work arrangement available
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year