Now Hiring: Senior Tax Manager
Fordham & Co LLP is currently seeking a Tax Manager or Senior Tax Manager to join our team residing in Oregon. For over 60 years, Fordham has provided tax and other accounting services to businesses and individuals in the Greater Portland area. We excel at building long-term relationships with our clients in a wide variety of situations and industries. As a Member of BKR International, we are part of an experienced professional community focused on bringing the latest innovations, technical knowledge, and networking to meet the ever-changing needs of our industry and clients.
Many of our employees have built life-long careers here at Fordham, and we pride ourselves on being flexible, family-friendly, and part of our community.
As a Tax Manager, you will manage clients, review corporate, individual, partnership, and fiduciary tax returns, research complex tax and accounting matters, manage year-end projections, income tax provisions, and related financial statement disclosures. A desire to train and mentor staff is preferred, as this position will focus on managing and providing technical review of staff work.
Individuals who thrive at Fordham and Co exhibit the following strengths: Analytical, organized, multi-tasker, goal oriented, deadline driven, seeks continued growth, interpersonal skills, good communicator and have strong technical skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify appropriate tax objectives, scope and methodology and actively participate in decision making with client’s management to understand the broader impact of current decisions and possible solutions.
- Attentive to furthering client relationships, and ability to recognize opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Assume responsibility for the supervision and completion of routine tax return preparation engagements.
- Possess technical knowledge and leadership experience sufficient to supervise staff accountants and evaluate their progress when appropriate.
- Provide leadership oversight and collaboratively work with all levels of staff on multiple engagements simultaneously and provide feedback to your team regarding their contributions.
- Effectively leverage available technology and other resources to maximize technical application to project and holds the engagement team to the same standard.
- Have an innate curiosity about ever-evolving tax, and the application to businesses and individuals.
- Keep up to date on federal, state and local tax law changes.
- Additional duties as requested.
Our ideal candidate is/has:
- CPA license
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required.
- 5+ years of recent tax or audit experience, with a public accounting firm preferred.
- Previous experience training, developing, and supervising; minimum 2 years leadership experience required.
- Passionate at providing/exceeding clients’ expectations and seeks to continually earn and maintain the trust of our clients by developing individualized, professional relationships.
- Ability to give and receive both positive and constructive feedback.
- Strong analytical, technical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven market facing skills required to develop new business and sustain existing excellent client relationships.
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities, including writing skills.
- Proven success managing multiple engagements simultaneously while effectively delegating work.
- Professional, reliable, and friendly demeanor, with a desire to grow in career.
- Familiarity with Thompson Reuters software suite.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
We believe hard work deserves to be rewarded; employees at Fordham currently enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive health insurance package with a local provider
- Substantial Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- Friendly business-casual work atmosphere
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- 401(k) profit sharing plan
- Firm-supported continuing professional education opportunities
- Free parking
- Paid professional accounting memberships and licenses
Work Remotely: Hybrid work arrangement available, but must reside in Oregon.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year