Now Hiring: Administrative Professional
Fordham & Co LLP is seeking two highly motivated and enthusiastic Administrative Professionals that believe in providing quality customer experience. If you thrive in a detail oriented, results focused environment with a diversified workload, then Fordham & Co has an opportunity for you!
We at Fordham & Co pride ourselves on retaining talented people and value the ideas and experiences each of our team members contribute. We welcome your talent and are open to various levels of prior administrative experience.
Originally founded in 1956, we have humbly served our local Clients and surrounding communities. Our team members are skilled and experienced professionals who strive to provide our clients with comprehensive solutions based on a holistic approach to their personal and business finances.
Individuals who thrive at Fordham and Co exhibit the following strengths: organized, multi-tasker, driven, innovative, detail-oriented and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Provide high level, proactive, cross functional administrative support to our Executive Team and technical staff, while maintaining confidentiality and a high level of customer service. Independent and sound business judgement is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload in a fast-paced environment. Manage schedules, prepares communications, creates documents and presentations, front office/reception duties, typing/proofing, data entry, management of tickler (tracking) system, and handle a wide variety of situations involving the administrative function of the office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively manage the day-to-day operational functions of the Executive Team to include managing: their calendars, office correspondence, and project due date reports.
- Serve as a liaison for internal and external clients, including screening phone calls, facilitating client communications to the appropriate client service staff, and following up with clients, when appropriate.
- Schedules and organizes Company meetings and events. Makes travel arrangements as necessary.
- Drafting, editing and preparing all office correspondence.
- Greet our clients and visitors in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Assist with all phases of the tax return and other project administrative processes including scanning, filing and assembling of final product.
- Assemble hard copy tax returns and financial statements for client delivery
- Process extensions, e-file tax returns and certified mail.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment throughout our office.
- Coordinates and assists other members of the administrative team with special projects and programs. Provides backup as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate is/has:
- High school diploma with a minimum two years of experience providing administrative support to Executives and/or senior level managers. BA preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proactive; looks for ways to keep superiors/team-members on track.
- Self-starter able to work effectively in a team environment, but comfortable working alone and sometimes with little direction but will seek out guidance or clarification when needed.
- The ability to understand the end goal so you can anticipate issues and respond to the client or team member accordingly.
- The skills to effectively manage competing priorities and quickly pivot between shifting priorities and tasks.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of information.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy in a variety of sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion.
- A professional demeanor and is reliable.
- Advanced skills in proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the ability to learn other software as may be necessary.
We believe hard work deserves to be rewarded; employees at Fordham currently enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive health insurance package with a local provider
- Substantial Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- Friendly business-casual work atmosphere
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- 401(k) profit sharing plan
- Firm-supported continuing professional education opportunities
- Free parking
- Paid professional accounting memberships and licenses
Work Remotely: No
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour